Megaflo and most unvented hot water systems are extremely reliable, and typically give many years of trouble-free operation.
All manufacturers stipulate an annual service, and due to popular demand, we continue to offer this as a fixed price service or repair: see our competitive Pricing
The annual service is primarily to ensure everything is functioning safely and correctly and includes recharging the air bubble.
All unvented cylinders must be installed as a complete package. This ensures the inclusion of the mandatory safety devices necessary to protect the system, and ultimately its users and the property.
The function of the individual components is further explained on our Megaflo Description page. Essentially they ensure the operating temperature and cylinder pressure remain within safe limits.
Only genuine components must be used when replacing parts of the system. All UK domestic unvented hot water systems are safety tested and certified as a complete unit. This includes the cylinder, pressure reducing valve, expansion relief valve and temperature-pressure relief valve which are all essential in maintaining a safe system. Not only does the use of non-standard components invalidate the warranty, but more importantly, the system may become unsafe or even potentially dangerous!
Recharging the Megaflo Air Bubble
Megaflo cylinders are designed with an internal air bubble to handle the hot water expansion. Over time, this air bubble will be lost but can be easily recharged by following the instructions attached to the side of the Megaflo hot water cylinder. The instructions from the Heatrae Sadia website are also shown below:
Turn off the mains cold water supply to the Megaflo
- Open the lowest hot tap in the property
- Hold open the temperature/pressure relief valve until the gurgling noise stops and water stops running from the tap and valve
- Close the temperature / pressure relief valve; open the mains cold water supply to the Megaflo. When water flows from the hot tap close the tap
- If water continues to drop or flow from the overflow the Megaflo requires attention. Switch off heat soures (immersion heaters and boiler), DO NOT turn off water supply. Contact a competent installer for advice.
- Watch a video that demonstrates how to replenish the air-gap on a Megaflo cylinder.
Megaflo Unvented are fully qualified and experienced to service all unvented cylinders. We only use original and genuine components, which we either hold as stock or can usually get for the next day.
Why Choose Us
At Megaflo Unvented, we do what we say we’ll do. Our integrity and competence values demand this. We are accountable for our words and actions, and that we deliver a service that meets or exceeds all expectations of quality and timeliness.
Customer service is our highest priority and to reinforce this, we adhere to the following guidelines: